The Alpine Up is the most complete and versatile belay / rappel device ever produced. It has been developed especially for mountaineering and it can be used with half or twin ropes and single ropes. Extremely multipurpose, it allows the self-locking abseiling and it can be used in three different belay modes, depending on the wall where you are.
The Clip Up Mode (hand assisted locking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolts and glue-in protections);
- self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle;
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
The Dynamic Mode (manual locking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on traditional alpine route or ice climbing (temporary anchors, pitons) ;
- braking friction with "V" grooves, similar to a tube device;
- abseiling with "V" grooves brake.
The Guide Mode allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two second climbers;
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, simply inserting a quickdraw karabiner in the proper hole.
The Alpine Up is supplied and must be used with the proper HMS Concept SGL HC carabiner with wear-proof anodization and spring bar that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.
- For use with ropes EN892: half or twin ropes ø 7.7 ÷ 9 mm - single rope ø 8.9 ÷ 10.5 mm
- Hot Forged light alloy body - Weight: 180g
- UIAA - Patented and entirely Made in Italy