The Alpine Up is the most complete and versatile belay / rappel device ever produced. It has been developed especially for mountaineering and it can be used with half or twin ropes and single ropes. Extremely multipurpose, it allows the self-locking abseiling and it can be used in three different belay modes, depending on the wall where you are.
Update on usable rope diameters.
Following the natural trend of the companies to produce thinner and lighter EN 892 dynamic ropes, we decided to update the marking of our belay device Alpine Up. Several internal tests proved that Alpine Up works perfectly with half or twin ropes Ų 7.3 mm or with single ropes Ų 8.6 mm. No modification has been carried out on the device, therefore all the Alpine Up already existing and sold can be used with half or twin ropes from 7.3 to 9 mm or with single ropes from 8.6 to 10.5 mm.
The Clip Up Mode (hand assisted locking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolts and glue-in protections);
- self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle;
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
The Dynamic Mode (manual locking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on traditional alpine route or ice climbing (temporary anchors, pitons) ;
- braking friction with "V" grooves, similar to a tube device;
- abseiling with "V" grooves brake.
The Guide Mode allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two second climbers;
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, simply inserting a quickdraw karabiner in the proper hole.
The Alpine Up is supplied and must be used with the proper HMS Concept SGL HC carabiner with wear-proof anodization and spring bar that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.
- For use with ropes EN892: half or twin ropes ų 7.3 ÷ 9 mm - single rope ų 8.6 ÷ 10.5 mm
- Hot Forged light alloy body - Weight: 180g
- UIAA - Patented and entirely Made in Italy